Red & Green Birthday Party

I was so thankful for my friend's suggestion of a favourite colour theme to a birthday party. With a two week trip over E's actual birthday, I knew I would be fighting jet-lag getting ready for the party a week after we returned home.

E's favourite colours happen to be red and green. The party felt a bit like Christmas in June!


The main decoration was having the guests wear red and/or green! The green grass provided a great backdrop for the many red shirts. We also had red and green balloons attached to a mason jar mug from the dollar store filled with stones.



The red umbrella and green table cloth helped set the mood when first entering the backyard.

My favourite part was arranging the food. I feel like I was very successful following the red and green theme.

Menu:
  • Sundried tomato tortillas and spinach tortillas filled with egg salad or tuna salad. Cucumbers and cherry tomatoes in the centre of the platter
  • Cucumber-tomato-feta salad with ranch dressing
  • Watermelon, grapes & strawberries, McIntosh apples
  • Guacamole made from 3 avocados and a small container of bruschetta topping 
  • Strawberry and Kiwi flan
  • Red and green cookies Granni made :)
  • Apple lime punch

E helped me bake and we had help from a friend to ice the cupcakes. Thought the eyes gave them a fun feel!


I am now a huge fan of the favourite colour birthday party! It's super easy to pull together and made E feel really special because it was his choice :) I think it also works really well for this age (4) as they're just discovering their first favourites and have really bought in to the idea. Highly recommend!

Comments

Popular Posts