Little Blue Truck Birthday Party


We celebrated T's birthday towards the end of October. If you're looking for free Little Blue Truck birthday printables and how-to instructions you've come to the right place! Please ask me any questions you have.

Invitations:
We've fully converted to email invitations at this point, so I found a cute saying and graphic and ran with it!
Decorations:


My sister does a great job with chalk lettering! It really spelled out the theme (haha!). I reused three free printable photo signs I designed from T's WILD ONE birthday (Newborn, 6 Months, 1 Year) and made up two additional ones for 18 Months and 2 Years. I love seeing how kids have grown! Click below for the new free printable photo signs.


Balloons from a local store turned out better than I expected (not all are pictured). Black (chick), Cow-print (cow), Yellow (duck's beak), White (sheep), Pink (pig), Brown (goat), Maroon (horse), Red (chicken's comb& wattle), Green (toad), and a "metallic blue" balloon in every bundle for Blue himself. They looked surprisingly farm animal like and enhanced the festive mood as only balloons at a kid's party can do!


The farm-themed and blue art on the wall were a happy coincidence. My mom found some blue checkered fabric which made the freezer a classier table.


Spread throughout the food and drinks tables were all the characters from the Little Blue Truck. My mom had most of the animals and the blue truck already at her house. I purchased the chicken and chick and gave it to T as one of his birthday presents and the large yellow dump truck was a present my older son was given a few years ago.



I printed out the banner from the free birthday resources from the publisher and created a Blue (below) to add in the middle. It hung in our living room. The first day it was up T came in the room and couldn't stop saying "Truck" and all his animal sounds - he LOVED it!


Click below for the free printable of two Blues, eyes facing both directions. I used one for the middle of the banner and the other on the chalk board.

Cake & Topper:
I was able to purchased a rice paper printed cake photo of the Little Blue Truck and arranged with a local box store to make the cake and apply it on the top for me.


I created my own cake topper based on this photo I found. Click on the photo below for the cake topper printable of the TWO banner (print on craft coloured cardstock) and 2 little Blues (on white cardstock). I used blue & white paper straws, masking tape and craft twine to assemble the topper.


Activities:
For activities we used the pin the party hat on Blue activity from the publisher. I let the youngest kids put their hat on without a blindfold :P  I had printed out colouring sheets and a maze but forgot to put them out!

We also had Andrew read the Little Blue Truck to the kids and any adults that didn't know the story!


 Favours:

I bought two different farm versions of the Melissa and Doug Water Wow! toys (on sale). One regular colouring book and for the slightly older children a Connect the Dots version.

Food & Drink:
I put a theme-based menu together. We also had some garden-fresh veggies!

For a free printable of the food tags, click here: 

Something I've been meaning to do for a while was to find a good substitution for disposable party cups. I picked up some tall 250ml mason jars on a major sale that I'm happy to be able to use for future parties and family events! I did also have some paper available for the really young kids.


Overall, I found this theme fairly easy to pull together! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Comments

  1. Is there a way to get the food printable as a word or google doc? We might not have the same exact food, but I love your layout! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts