Do you involve your kids in Valentine's Day?

Thinking about this coming Valentine's Day. My two main thoughts:

1. Parents should model good relationships for their children. Maybe Valentine's Day should be completely parents only?

2. Kids love holidays and it's fun to celebrate with them. A card, a gift, a cake?

How do you involve your kids (or not) in Valentine's Day??

My plan was to just give him one of these books:


McDonalds (of all places) decided to include books in their Happy Meals instead of toys. Something I think is great! Instead of a Valentine for Little E I purchased two of the books ($2.50 each), without the meal. I'll give him one this year and put the other aside for next year.

I was just going to leave it at that but came across alphabet blocks on clearance and need to work with him on his letters.

The final product in a bag I had already:

Comments

  1. We are just doing books this year, too. You talked me out of the calico critters. C is getting The I Love You Book by Todd Parr and K is getting Llama Llama I Love You by Anna Dewdney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We read The I Love You book this week for the first time!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts