Potty Training Readiness


Child readiness is not something I necessarily want to emphasize. But I spent a fair amount of time looking for articles about potty training and the concept of readiness came up a lot. Many of the readiness checklists just have 5-10 items on them. This seemed overly simplistic to me.

Eventually I came across a few resources with more detail that aimed at the child having a general trend towards independence as opposed to having all the items checked off a short list. I compiled my favourite two resources into one. Hope it helps you feel confident of your child's readiness.



More important (to me) is parental readiness. No matter how ready your child is, if you're not in the right head space to tackle this transition it won't be successful. And your relationship / trust with your child will be damaged. No pressure...


Let me know what you'd add to the readiness lists!

For more on potty training:

Comments

Popular Posts