2016 Reading Challenge

As the May long weekend approaches, I'm spending some time getting my reading list in order. Over the last 6 months or so I've tried to be more intentional about my reading. I'm aiming for balance of type of book and also being cognizant about authorship.

Balance
I'm trying to rotate through the following categories of books:

  • short mysteries
  • easy to read romance novels
  • biographies
  • award-winning novels
  • Christian fiction or non-fiction books
  • historical vs modern vs future settings

Authorship
In the last year or so I've seen a number of articles about reading books by anyone other than white males. It's my understanding that they write a large portion of books that are sold in North America, and we're missing out on many perspectives by not expanding/challenging our bookshelves to be more diverse. 

So challenge excepted - more diversity! Oddly enough, this may include me reading books by white men since I often read books by female authors.

2016 Reading Challenge
Which brings me to a neat reading challenge that I saw today and am excited to try! Printable version here. I am so excited to tick these off and let you know what I'm reading. Join me!!

Comments

Popular Posts