Back to School Checklist


As I was typing up my own Back to School To Do list I thought I'd turn it into something to share :) Click here for a printable version.

Also, what am I missing? This is our first BACK to School since last year was E's first year of school and everything was new. I'm finding so far there's a lot less prepping for us as we're not at the stage yet that he needs school supplies.

If your child is starting school for the first time take a look at the posts I have on this topic here.

Here are the links to 2 options for First Day of School signs that have both Junior and Senior Kindergarten (One & Two). They both have the older grades as well.

I also think it's an important time to be having lots of conversation with your school aged kids about school:
  • Answer any questions your child has about the upcoming year, reassure them if necessary
  • Remind them of their teacher’s name, and who will meet them after school/from the bus
  • Talk about manners and classroom expectations
  • Review hygiene issues (blowing nose, Cover & Cough using elbow, Flush & Wash)
  • Get them excited about school and explain all the fun things that happen there
Also take some time to consider (and then have) conversations about topics such as:
  • Diversity
  • Disabilities
  • Bullying
  • Consent & Appropriate Touch
Happy to hear any back to school tips your family has to share!

Comments

Popular Posts