Books Read: We Were Liars

I hesitate to call anything a review, as if I would even know how to properly/fairly go about writing one. However, I read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart this month and was really surprised by it and wanted to share.


A teenage girl spends a summer on her family's private island in cottage country, as she tries to recover a missing summer's memories from two years prior. We meet her two cousins and a love interest of similar age and the rest of the extended family. All interesting characters themselves.

I really don't want to spoil anything for readers, but the reason I want to bring the book to your attention was because I'm rarely surprised by plots. This book shocked me.

Maybe it's because I read it all in a single sitting (from 11pm-1:15am) but I found this easy read, young adult fiction, very clever. As memories are recovered I thought what happened that prior summer was becoming obvious - I was wrong!

Highly recommend if you're looking for a quick stimulating read.

Comments

Popular Posts