15 Minutes A Day - preamble

Monthly "15 Minutes A Day" Posts:
January

Back in 2016, my sister and I began a decluttering challenge. It only lasted for a couple months instead of the whole year. She went back to work and my overwhelming pregnancy exhaustion took me out. This past December she asked me if I was interested in trying again.


I agreed (somewhat reluctantly) but I thought since we were starting with the kitchen that I'd already decluttered (in 2016) it wouldn't be too bad.

And it wouldn't have been, however:
-Andrew was sick the first week of January,
-he and I both had strep throat the second week of January,
-he was still getting better during the third week of January,
-and then he was gone to England the fourth week for work.
So it was a lot harder to do these daily tasks than I thought it would be but I'm proud I succeeded!

The Home Storage Solutions order for decluttering your home had February spent on Coupons, Recipes, Meal Planning, and Laundry Room. March was to be spent on Laundry Schedule, Cleaning Schedule, Morning & Evening Routine, and one week in the Basement.

For me, that's almost two months spent on areas of my home or doing planning on tasks I don't need help with.

Last summer I spent time in the bedroom getting things organized and sadly I never finished. I think this was partly due to the fact that it was summer and I didn't want to spend time inside when it was nice and also because my kindergartener was home from school (plus my aunt passed away and we went to North Carolina for her memorial and to help close up her home). So when I saw that the bedroom was scheduled for July this year I knew I needed to change things up.

So I reorganized my daily decluttering schedule for February to focus on Laundry Room, and Master Bedroom and March to focus on Master Bedroom and Basement (which will go into April). I want to spend a lot of time on my bedroom and the basement to get those spaces in awesome shape.


Please sign up for Home Storage Solutions decluttering challenge if you're interested. You can start at any point! And it's truly awesome to see the results. Let me know if you want to follow along with me on my revised schedule and I can send it to you.

My goal truly to get to the end of April without stopping. I won't necessarily do something every day, but I will go back and catch up as I can or work ahead if I'm on a roll. Once the better weather hits it's always harder to do inside chores when our outdoor property chores need to be done and are more appealing. But we'll see. Maybe I'll pare back the assignments May-Sept to just a couple a week and start up again in October or November.

Good luck to everyone working towards something this year or month!

15 Minutes a Day:
Preamble
January
February

Comments

  1. Whenever the declutter calendar reaches a point I don’t need, I will often revisit a previous challenge if I didn’t finish it in the 15 minutes before. It find that helps too. I tried a reorganization of the calendar once, but it was too onerous and made me walk away from the challenge for a bit. But, I like looking at all the areas and challenges and saying, “I feel like doing this one today instead.”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts