Decluttering Challenge

My sister has asked my mom and myself to join her this year in working towards the Decluttering Challenge. I hesitantly agreed and we were off! I know Andrew's excited to see my "organized chaos" become more organized (and he's helping).

Tidying (especially by myself) is not my forte so these 15 minutes challenges (some which take way longer) were a good way to get me to agree.

Starting with the kitchen.

So far we're 10 days into it and I'm not really behind. You do have to make some changes based on your own house and the challenges are really general. Not giving a ton of specific organizational ideas, but more just say "Declutter THIS today".

If you check it out and decide to start (really can start any day either at the beginning or just wherever we are that day) let me know!

Here are the results from the first 10 days.

Jan 1-4 didn't really need any photos taken. Pretty self-explanatory and no fun BEFORE/AFTERs.

Jan 5 - Declutter kitchen utensils (AFTER pics only)

3 happy drawers (also a good before shot of my counters)

Left: Utensils on counter in 1 container
Right: Kitchen utensils to donate

Jan 6 - Sink area
BEFORE

AFTER
Mainly decluttered left counter and stored brushes/cloths better

Jan 7 - Kitchen counters
Took way longer than 15 minutes. Remember before picture at top of page.

Moved tea kettle here since it's easier to access and I use it a lot in the winter.

Added 3M hook for oven mitts and by toaster oven for metal slider tool.

Added 3M hook for microfibre drying mats.

Jan 8 - Clear kitchen table 
Only have a dining room table, so I decided to take this time to deal with our "dinette" space off the kitchen that holds our freezer/drinks fridge, Banner's crate, an extra dining room table and a crap load of stuff. Obviously longer than a 15 minute job so it's not done. And we bought a new cabinet/shelf that we're assembling. Here's what it looks like today (a mostly before picture) but we'll be working on that as the week progresses along with the other challenges.


Will be nice to see this at the end of the week :)

Jan 9 - Declutter pot holders and kitchen towels (ALREADY DONE RECENTLY)

Jan 10 - Declutter batteries / light bulbs
We already have a good system for this, so I really just needed to label a box of the NEW batteries so people visiting us could find them. 

Comments

  1. Looks awesome, Courtney! Need to accomplish the counters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts