Olympic Activities

I have a major love for the Olympics! I really want to pass that on to my children and E at 4.5 years old is a fun age to share it with. We will be having WAY more screen time in February.

My plan is to use an empty wall in our living room and as E completes different activities to post the final product or a photo (just using our home printer) of E doing the activity on the wall with the following bible verse being posted at the center. The bible verse free printable can be found here. I laminated it so we have the option to save and use for future Olympics or competitions.


The first thing I want to do with E is to watch the video of drone footage over the Olympic locations and talk about different sports and what is needed to compete in it as well as to look at the geography of South Korea.


1. Little Monkey Printables
This pack of activities (including the bible verse printable) has a number of great (non-biblical) preschool options. I printed 6 of 13 additional activity pages, including colour sorting, counting activities, and athlete shadow matching.

2. 3 Dinosaurs
This website has 7 winter Olympic free printable packs!! I downloaded them all but only chose 11 activities to do with E, including pre-writing practice, tracing letters and shapes, and a winter Olympic puzzle. Many of their activities were better suited to kids who have developed reading skills.


3. Free Home School Deals
This is an awesome resource for free printables. You can download their Winter Games free printable book. It is a good introduction to the Winter Olympics and has tracing letter activities throughout. I removed their American page when assembling the book since we'll be cheering for Canada (and also because it would be confusing to my 4 year old to include it)!

4. CBC
CBC Kids Olympics has a collection of great online resources including an online colouring book, videos explaining different sports and 2018 Winter Sports Hero games.

Oh! And one more. The medal count! From Create Craft Love, this printable also includes a US version. I'm going to search for gold, silver and bronze crayons so E can colour them in.



I think this is an awesome starting point for us but on the off-chance we get through the activities I have a few other free activities posted below:

Comments

Popular Posts